Arthritis is a health condition that affects body joints. Although there are different types of arthritis, they present similar symptoms. The symptoms include joint pain, swelling, redness, tenderness, feeling of warmth, stiffness, and locking of the affected joints.
The different types of arthritis including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis are caused by different factors. Some of such factors include metabolic abnormalities, genes (heredity), and bacterial or viral infection.
Although there are conventional medications for arthritis, there is really no cure. Available medications only help to manage the condition to enable you live a normal life. The medications also help in preventing damage to joints. Luckily, there are various home remedies for arthritis. The remedies do not only provide relief from the pain and complications; some of the remedies can help in reversing the condition.
Turmeric is a natural herb rich in both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Its most active ingredient is curcumin. This is a very powerful antioxidant. In addition to neutralizing free radicals in your body, it acts to lowers the action of enzymes that cause inflammation.
How to use Turmeric :
- Using turmeric to treat arthritis involves adding a spoonful of turmeric powder into a glass of warm water.
- You may choose to add a little amount of honey if the taste is not that appealing. You need to drink a glass of the solution at least twice a day for a week to eliminate both the pain and inflammation associated with arthritis.
Like with turmeric, ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It contains potassium and magnesium, two minerals that naturally act to fight inflammation.
How to use :
- Crush fresh pieces of ginger.
- Put the pieces into a blender and add a small amount of warm water.
- Run the blender to obtain the paste.
- Sieve the paste to obtain the juice.
- Apply the juice on joints affected by arthritis and leave it on for several minutes before cleaning.
Tip : You can add a small amount of honey to the juice before drinking it. Do this at least twice a day for a week to effectively manage and reverse arthritis.
You can easily manage and eventually cure arthritis by including specific vegetables in your diet. Spinach, kales, legumes and nuts contain high amounts of magnesium, which helps to relax your muscles to ease the pain caused by arthritis. Note that magnesium is also a very effective natural painkiller that helps to kill the associated pain.
Eating food rich in magnesium also helps in increasing bone density through the addition of extra mineral into your bones. Make it the routine to always eat different types of vegetables on a daily basis. This goes a long way in eliminating arthritis.
Dandelion is rich in vitamins A and C, two vitamins that help to restore damaged body tissue. Furthermore, Dandelion is also beneficial to your liver as it enhances the capacity of liver cells to detoxify your body. This certainly goes a long way to flush out toxins in your joints.
How to use:
- Boil a bunch of dandelion leaves in a reasonable amount of water.
- Strain the solution to obtain a clear solution.
- Add a reasonable amount of honey to the solution to make the taste appealing.
- Drink the solution at least twice a day to help manage arthritis and its associated symptoms.
Molasses has been used for generations to manage arthritis. This is because it is very rich in magnesium, calcium, and potassium. These minerals make it possible for your joints to move easily without experiencing any pain or swelling.
How to use :
- Mix a reasonable amount of molasses with warm water.
- Drink the solution at least twice a day for a week to effectively manage arthritis and its associated symptoms.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is another powerful home remedy that you can use to manage and eventually reverse arthritis. It is rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorous. Apple Cider Vinegar is very effective in reducing inflammation. It is also a very good antioxidant.
How to use :
- Dilute a small amount of apple cider vinegar with a reasonable amount of warm water.
- Add into the solution a reasonable amount of pure fresh honey for an appealing taste.
- Drink the solution at least twice per day for a week to effectively manage arthritis and its associated symptoms.
7. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is a powerful natural remedy for various ailments. It is rich in magnesium, which your body requires for biomechanical responses. Magnesium is also a very powerful natural painkiller.
How to use :
- Add a reasonable amount of Epsom salt to a small amount of warm water.
- Soak affected joints into the water for several minutes to help manage arthritis.
- Do this every evening before going to bed for a week to manage and possibly reverse arthritis.
8. Fish Oil
Fish oil is very effective in treating inflammation caused by arthritis. This is because it contains Omega-3 fatty acids that also help to neutralize free radicals in your body.
A teaspoonful of fish oil twice a day should be enough to bring out positive results. There is really no specific period that you need to take fish oil. This is because different people react to the oil in different periods.
9. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is one of the most effective home remedies for arthritis. It contains capsaicin, a very powerful antioxidant substance. The substance acts to reduce the level of substance P in your body. This is the substance that relays pain signals from parts of your body including from the joints to the brain.
How to use :
- Ground a few dry cayenne peppers. You can use cayenne powder in case you already have it.
- You also need to have Olive oil or any natural oil. Measure a reasonable amount of ground cayenne pepper or powder into a cup. Add a reasonable amount of Olive oil.
- Stir the mixture to obtain a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the painful joints and wrap with a piece of gauze. The initial application may cause a burning sensation. This is very normal. Apply the paste at least twice a day for a week to effectively manage arthritis.
Clove is another very good home remedy for arthritis. Cloves contains eugenol, a very powerful substance that acts to disrupt the process responsible for causing arthritis. Note also that clove contains powerful antioxidants that neutralize free radicals in the body.
How to use :
- Get fresh pieces of cloves.
- Cut them into pieces and put the pieces into a blender.
- Add a glass of water and run the blender. Sieve the mixture into a cup to get the juice.
- Take a spoonful of the juice twice per day for a week to manage and possibly reverse arthritis.
Arthritis can be a cause of serious pain in your joints. Indeed, it is one of the major causes of disability throughout the world, particularly among adults. Luckily, the above remedies have been proved to work in managing the condition very effectively.