You may have dark thighs even though your skin is generally fair in complexion. You are not alone because it is a “problem” that confronts many women across the world. The fact that you have dark inner thighs may also mean that you have dark underarms.
The dark inner thigh is not a sign of a disease or an infection. Your thighs may simply be rubbing against each other constantly. This can be because you are overweight. It is also possible to have dark inner thighs because of profuse sweating, type of body lotion you use, hormonal imbalance, use of certain medications including oral contraceptives, and Acanthosis Nigricans, which is a condition associated with the development of dark patches on the skin.
Having dark inner thighs can no doubt be very embarrassing. Luckily, there are various home remedies you can employ to lighten up the skin.
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contains vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant. Its acidic nature also makes it a powerful bleaching agent that acts to lighten up the dark skin.
How to Use Lemon for Dark Inner Thighs :
- Cut a fresh lemon fruit into two.
- Squeeze the pieces to obtain the juice into a cup.
- Sieve the juice to obtain a clear juice. Wash your thighs and apply the juice.
- Allow the skin to absorb all the moisture. Wait for 30 minutes before cleaning and moisturizing the skin with petroleum jelly or any natural oil. Do this daily for two weeks to get rid of dark skin on your thighs.
2. Lemon Juice and Coconut Oil
This is a powerful home remedy for various skin problems including dark inner thighs. While lemon acts to bleach the dark skin, coconut oil works to moisturize the skin in addition to improving skin texture through the addition of valuable nutrients and substances.
How to use :
- Simply measure 3 spoonfuls of coconut oil in a cup.
- Add to the cup a spoonful of lemon juice and stir to obtain a uniform solution.
- Apply the solution to the dark skin and massage for at least 20 minutes before washing.
- Pat the skin with a towel before applying coconut oil to keep it moisturized. Do this daily for at least two weeks to make your thighs lighter in complexion.
3. Lemon Juice, Sugar, Honey
This is another powerful home remedy for various skin conditions. Sugar acts to exfoliate the dark skin with lemon juice acting as a bleaching agent. Honey is not only a good moisturizer but also contains both antibacterial and antiseptic properties. You can also try exfoliating dark thighs with sugar to open up skin pores.
How to use :
- Measure a spoonful of pure honey into a cup.
- Add to the cup a spoonful of lemon juice and a spoonful of sugar.
- Stir the mixture to obtain a rough paste.
- Apply the paste on your thighs, scrubbing to remove dead skin to allow for absorption of the nutrients. Leave the paste on for at least 20 minutes before washing. Do this daily for two weeks to eliminate dark thighs.
Potatoes contain a number of substances that benefit the skin. Like lemon juice, potato juice is a powerful bleaching agent that serves to lighten dark skin.
How to use :
- Wash your thighs and pat with a towel.
- Cut a medium-sized potato into slices and place the slices on your thighs.
- You may also consider rubbing the slices on the skin to quicken the process of absorption. Leave the slices on for at least 30 minutes before washing and moisturizing the skin with any natural oil. Do this daily for at least two weeks to eliminate dark thighs.
5. Sandalwood and Coconut Oil
Sandalwood is widely used in the making of varied skin care products. Sandalwood is rich in varied substances that benefit the skin. Not only does it sooth the skin but add to the skin the beneficial substances that help to lighten up the skin. In addition to moisturizing the skin, coconut oil is also rich in substances that benefit the skin.
How to use :
- Measure two spoonfuls of sandalwood powder to a cup.
- Add two spoonfuls of coconut oil. Stir to obtain a smooth paste that you need to apply to your thighs.
- Massage the paste into your skin and leave the paste on for at least 30 minutes before washing.
- Pat the skin dry with a towel before applying coconut oil to keep it moisturized. Do this daily for two weeks to lighten up your thighs.
Cucumber is another powerful soothing and bleaching agent. Peel a piece of cucumber. Grate it to obtain a soft paste. Apply the paste on your thighs. Massage the paste in before leaving it on for at least 20 minutes before washing. Do this daily for at least two weeks to lighten up your thighs.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is suitable for use on all types of skin. Not only is it a good soothing agent but also contains vitamins and nutrients that benefit the skin, which is the reason why it is widely used in the making of skin care products.
How to use :
- Obtain two large fresh leaves of Aloe Vera plant.
- Cut the leaves vertically in the middle.
- Place the pieces in a bowl and wait for the sap to drain into the bowl.
- You need to remain patient because the sap can take long to drain.
- Wash your thighs and pat dry before applying and massaging using the resultant gel. Leave the gel on for at least 20 minutes before washing. Do this daily for two weeks to lighten up your thighs.
8.Yogurt and Oatmeal
The combination of yogurt and oatmeal is very effective in lightening up the dark skin.
How to use :
- Measure three spoonfuls of oatmeal to a cup.
- Add into the cup a reasonable amount of yogurt and stir to form a paste.
- Wash your thighs and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply the paste on the skin and leave it on for at least 30 minutes before washing and moisturizing the skin. Do this daily for at least a week to lighten up your thighs.
Dark thighs should never be a bother with the availability of such easy to use and safe home remedies. However, you need to address the cause for the remedies to be effective. For instance, you need to work towards reducing your body weight just in case you are obese. It is also important that you avoid using soap on your thighs for the duration of the treatment.